Like most website operators, IUPAC Next Generation Programme collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. IUPAC Next Generation Programme’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how IUPAC Next Generation Programme’s visitors use its website. From time to time, IUPAC Next Generation Programme may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
IUPAC Next Generation Programme also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on https://nextgen.iupac2019.be/ blog posts. IUPAC Next Generation Programme only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to IUPAC Next Generation Programme’s websites choose to interact with IUPAC Next Generation Programme in ways that require IUPAC Next Generation Programme to gather personally-identifying information. We will process your data in accordance with your rights under GDPR of 8 April 2016.
We may process your information in any number of ways and any databases we use for the following purposes.
• To create an electronic record of your data to enable your request for information to be processed;
• To consider any applications you make for the IUPAC Next-Generation Programme;
• To help us manage your application or run any other services we provide to you;
• To administer and manage the information we make available to you;
• To compile applicants of the Next-Generation Programme for distribution to attendees at our events, or for promoting contests and events in your domain;
• We may also communicate with you, on behalf of other organisations, should you opt in to receiving third party communications.
• We ask visitors who sign up for a blog at https://nextgen.iupac2019.be/ to provide a username and email address.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to External Sites
IUPAC Next Generation Programme may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its website. IUPAC Next Generation Programme may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, IUPAC Next Generation Programme does not disclose your personally-identifying information.